There are various ways of Grilling Salmon - on the barbeque,under a grill, on top of the cooker in a Grill Pan or on a Chargrill. Grilling salmon has the added advantage of being very quick and therefore keeping much of the flavour.
In all these cooking methods follow these simple guidelines and you won’t go wrong.
* Make sure that the cut of fish is suitable, some nice salmon steaks or cutlets, thick salmon fillets or a whole salmon is ideal.
* If you’re using a whole salmon, make 2 or 3 slashes in each side of the fish to speed up the cooking process and place the fish further away from the source of heat to prevent it burning too much before it’s properly cooked.
* Never salt the salmon before you cook it, all this does is draw out the very juices that you want to keep in but by all means use pepper, herbs, rubs and marinades to vary the flavour.
* Take your fish out of the fridge beforehand so that it has a chance to reach room temperature.
* Turn your grill on at least 5 - 10 minutes before you intend to cook the salmon, if you’ve decided to have a barbecue (in the UK this is always a risky option on account of the famously fickle weather) it will need to be lit at least ½ hour before you intend to cook to allow the flames to die down and the charcoal to become grey.
* Oil your fish - not the grill! - This is extremely important, if you oil the grill your fish will stick.
* Try not to move the salmon around too much once it’s been put on the grill or Barbecue, leave it until there are bar marks on it and then give it a quarter turn, that way you’ll end up with a professional looking lattice mark. Once one side is done, flip it over and repeat on the other side.
Please scroll down for a list of delicious grilled salmon recipes.
If you would like to send in a recipe for inclusion please go to the contact us page.
There are hundreds of different grills and barbeques for sale, so in order to make it slightly easier to choose the right one we have conducted a search for you so that you don't have to. Listed below are 2 outlets, both of which carry a large selection in both range and price for you to choose from. Do pay them a visit. If you have any comments on the two stores we would love to hear them (good or bad!), just leave your comments below.
Best Selling BBQ's and Grills on Amazon - huge savings if you Buy Now!
Raw Garden stock a huge range of gas, charcoal and electric BBQ's and Grills. Any product purchased over £75 is delivered free of charge.
Alternatively we all know and love the great deals you can get on Amazon.co.uk
USA & Canada
If you're looking for a great deal on barbeque supplies, outdoor grills and barbeque equipment, look no further than Amazon.com, you'll find hundreds of bargains to suit every pocket.
Grilled Salmon Recipes
Salmon Filets with Champagne Sauce
Salmon Steak with Apple and Horseradish Garnish
Salmon with Tomato and Coriander Salsa
Salmon with Horseradish Sauce
Salmon with Lemon Butter
Seared Salmon with Honey Dressing
Seared Salmon with Watercress and Proscuitto
Seared Salmon Salad
Salmon with Maitre d‘Hotel butter
Grilled Salmon Plank Recipe
Grilled Salmon with Basil Sauce
Grilled Speedy Salmon Pittas
Grilled Salmon Fillets with Lemon
Lemon Pepper Salmon (pan fried)
Savoury Butters for Grilled Salmon
Lime Cilantro Salmon Fillet
Salmon Steaks with Lemon and Cucumber
Seared Salmon with Zucchini Spagetti
Grilled Thai Salmon
Side Dishes for Salmon
The next 2 recipes are also great on the bbq and for using on meat and poultry
USA and Canada
Vital Choice - for the finest Alaskan smoked sockeye salmon available
Kosher.com - retailer of all things Kosher. Fantastic Lox, Gravlax and Nova salmon.
Gourmet Food Store - for a wide range of delicious Norweigan and Scottish smoked salmon and accompaniments.
Martins Sea Fresh - For the freshest fish direct from Cornwall to your door. - Selling fresh Fish, Lobsters and other seafood direct from Cornish boats to your door by overnight delivery.
Natoora - sells a wide range of salmon including Organic, Wild and Smoked.